Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Dedication to GUEST...

Guest,

Trust me! i knw what u are going through coz i felt THE SAME WAY in SEC 1
i even CRIED in front of mdm loh, confessing to her that band is STRESS & blahblahblah
telling her that i wanted to QUIT coz i joined the band 2 MONTHS LATER than OTHERS!
of course i had A LOT to catch up... i was WAY behind. I dunno my scales-they were like my enemies especially higher notes! Moreover that time, my batch-ur current sec 3 seniors had to play pieces HARDER than what u're currently playing coz we were preparing ourselves for the National Band Competition (NBC) .

BUT
in the end, i decided to NOT QUIT coz it wasnt worth it
i mean I'VE ALREADY BOUGHT THE BAND UNIFORM!!!
If i were to quit, THE MONEY WOULD GO TO A WASTE!!!!!!!
So i just told myself to ENDURE & TRY MY BEST....
knowing that i was way behind, i tried putting effort to learn abt rhythms,key signatures,time signatures through videos frm youtube coz u cannot HIGHLY depend on ur seniors....

Finally after a year, in sec 2- all my worries abt playing my instrument were gone.
one good thing that i've learnt is NEVER GIVE UP!!!
I always remind myself of this quote:
"a FAILURE is someone who STOPS TRYING but a SUCCESS-er is someone who NEVER STOP TRYING EVEN IF HE/SHE has failed despite many attempts...."

So ask urself-Are YOU a failure?
Rmbr mr ghazali's advise "1% inspiration, 99% perspiration"-Thomas Edison (inventer of lightbulb)

FYI, do u knw that my friends from the uniform grp actually envys me for being in band even my twin?!
We get to try NEW THINGS such as NEW PEICES. PIECES U'VE NEVER HEARD BEFORE IN UR LIFE!!! that is WAY BETTER than doing the same thing in uniform grps, dance or choir coz U get to PLAY these musics & not listen or dance to the rhythm.
one thing that i am feeling in band is- My section mates are the only people i'm more closer to than my friends coz being with them, i feel BELONGED!!!=D

if u have any problem, just come to me coz i've alrd went through it....;) if u need a shoulder to cry on, i'll be there coz crying makes u feel better. so pls dont quit!!! It is hard at first but u'll get used to it. but most importantly, if u want to improve,then come for band prac-DONT MISS A SINGLE ONE as each band prac is an important step to learn sth new & improve urself

-Hamizah;D


No comments: